July 24, 2006

Michael Piercy and I worked at the SCC booth today from 8 to 1:30. It was great. 2 people came up. Placed 3 books with one guy and 1 book and 1 magazine with the other guy. And we got to read a bunch of scriptures to them and talk for a few minutes. Woohoo!

Eric came over to hang out after. Played ping pong, guitar, basketball, pool, skydived, basejumped, extreme rock climbed, bear hunted, alligator restled then we got bored of all that and went shark diving.

A big grouped helped put the convention address labels on the convention invitations at the Campbell's home. We did 7,200 invitations! Now we got to go place them all.

My sister got this CD of a singer who was on tour with Jack Johnson named Matt Costa. I am learning the song Astair on the guitar.

Below are some photographs from Ryan Clohesy's graduation party.






8 comments:

Eric said...

sweet!!!

Daniel Greene said...

Hmm mmm mmm mmm mmm mmm mm mm mm mm mm... Hmmm mm mm mm mm mm mm mmmm mmmm...

Humming the song you and Kel played at the party. lol.

Daniel Greene said...

That's right Nadia. Right after you texted me back 2 people came up!!!! It was awesome! Do you have osme special powers or something we should all know about.

See, Nadia, I got a picture of you smiling! muahahahaha

Daniel Greene said...

One of the guys said he would come by again next time we were there! We could have a return visit at a booth! lol that would be funny.

Daniel Greene said...

I have been going on Monday's. But actually I may be going tomorrow because my mom can't make it.

Daniel Greene said...

I saw it last night. You have to go into the theater realizing it is Shyamalan and he usually gets bad reviews because he is different in his filmmaking. But being a fan of his work I liked the movie and I expected it to be different. It is based on a bedtime story he wrote for his children and then he turned it into a screenplay.

The movie is very interesting I must say. I really enjoyed it all. There was alot of symbolism like he always does.

The film also had just the right amount of suspense and scarriness. It wasn't like a When A Stranger Calls type horror film where the director tries to scare you at every lame moment possible, Night only does it when necessary, and when he does it is awesome!

Great characters as always, good humor, good suspense, great direction. I think it only got bad reviews because of the story. I thought the story was interesting. It's a fantasy/sci-fi but all with a meaning; that's where the symbolism comes in. The direction is perfect and visually great. But it is so different that people don't know what to say.

I say it was fantastic. When the closing credits came on, the theater was dead silent. The whole way walking out of the theater, dead silent. I think Shyamalan succeeded in doing what he wanted and that makes the film great.



Let me know if you go see it, I could watch it again.

Daniel Greene said...

The new field is great!

Next time I am going to bring more water bottles so we dont have to run all the way over to the water fountain.

Great playing everyone!

beyondthestairs said...

Matt Costa is great. You've got to play that one for me if I see ya any time soon.