June 20, 2006

I could tell you the wildest of tales
My friend the giant and traveling sales
Tell you all the times that I failed
The years all behind me
The stories exhaled

And I'm drying out
Crying out
This isn't how I go

I could tell you of a man not so tall
Who said life's a circus and so we are small
Tell you of a girl that I saw
I froze in the moment and she changed it all

And I'm drying out
Crying out
This isn't how I go
Hurry now
Lay me down
And I let these waters flow
Flow

Son I am not everything you thought that I would be
But every story I have told is part of me

And you keep the air in my lungs
Floating along as a melody comes
And my heart beats like timpani drums
Keeping the time while a symphony strums

And I'm drying out
Crying out
This isn't how I go
Hurry now
Lay me down
And let these waters flow
Flow
Let it flow
Flow
Let it flow

Son I am not everything you thought that I would be
But every story I have told is part of me
Son I leave you now but you have so much more to do
And every story I have told is part of you

14 comments:

abz said...

that's sad. really nice, but sad.

Daniel Greene said...

Nadia, you rock!!! You figured it out!!! I was waiting to see who'd get it first. You get 5 high fives next time I see you for figuring it out.


(Yellowcard w/ Natalie Manes - "How I Go")

Daniel Greene said...

true. great movie.

Daniel Greene said...

No, I don't really know much about him or his movies.

I liked his film Big Fish, though, obviously. Great story with a great theme.

Daniel Greene said...

I have never seen all of Edward Scissorhands. I have seen bits of it, though. I'll have to watch it...

Yup, WT study is great. Anyone who plays any instrument, bring it! Then we can crack 'em out if people decide to play. Soccer rocks, too. And this Sunday I am not going to play goalie the whole time. It's fun, but im in the mood to go offense. Defense can get boring after a while. Nadia, you must not ditch soccer halfway through this week!!! Muahahaha.

Daniel Greene said...

Keifer Sutherland, yup a great actor. 24 rocks! Yeah his drinking problem. He has said that filming 24 has been stressful on is life because he is needed for almost every scene. So that means he is on set straight through every day of filming season. Long days, endless scenes of him running. Man, he must be pooped after a filming day. It's too bad he drinks to try and make himself feel better. So sad...

Daniel Greene said...

Now, now, no arguing guys.
lol

Oh, and whats the big day?

Daniel Greene said...

Woo!!! SUPERHERO/CHARACTER PARTY!!!

Ooh, I got to think of something really good! It's gonna be awesome!

OhKathy said...

wow thats really sad. it goes deep

Daniel Greene said...

It's not that sad. Just a father speaking to his son. There is some regret but he is also passing on something to his son, something the father loved, his stories.

on my last past i had the movie, well now there is a link to it on the right side below all the links in a section titled "My Short Films."

Daniel Greene said...

No, you read it right, Nadia. I was actually a Koala Bear in my past life :) hehe

Sorry, I did not notice that spelling mistake.

violette said...

32 comments! good grief.

Kelly said...

This is just a not-so-instant messenger.

Time for an update.

Daniel Greene said...

Kelly hit the nail on the head. I think only 15 comments were related to the post.

Now go hit yourself on the head, Kelly.