March 05, 2011

NYC - Day 5

We woke and headed out around 10 to Central Park. It was a very warm day; probably around 50 degrees, sun shining.

We walked just about the entire park. I had my frisbee and we brought a ball so we played catch for a while. My sister had headed to the city in the morning to go on a Bible tour at the Met so I was in touch with her throughout the day so could meet up with them when it ended.

At 2 we met Elizabeth, Lydia, Aly, Jenny and Alissa at the Met. I had not seen Elizabeth in a few months, but it seemed much longer. I had talked to her 2 weeks ago on the phone about life and changes that were going on with hers, but even in that short period a lot was different; like she had moved into her own apartment in Greenwich - where I was born. I miss my sisters a lot. I always love talking with them.

So the 7 of us got lunch at a stand and then walked around the park for a few hours, with me pulling out my Polaroid camera every once in a while for a picture, which my sister found humorous and archaic. Starbucks, FAO Schwartz, bubba Gump and a few blocks later and we found ourselves in Times Square around 6 which was fun. We all hung out there for a bit, had a snack, took pics and then headed out around 8.









Reuben and walked Elizabeth back to Grand Central where she caught her ride back to her car in CT.









Later, we headed back to Queens where we stopped by his uncles house to see Hillary and Brianna. Hil hung out with us for a few hours back home, had dinner, watched some old cartoons on Boomerang, chatted and then walked her home around 11.

It was a fun, long day, and our feet were killing us at the end. A good day with family and a few good friends.

- Posted from my iPhone

No comments: