April 27, 2006

Synapse to synapse

I completed my American School U.S. History course! Sure, it took 3 months to complete 1 course, but hey, I was motivationally challenged this semester. What really stinks is I cannot return to SCC until I graduate from high school (Seminole's dual enrollment program has different rules.) So much for dual enrollment! Well, I got to do Geometry, American Lit., Civics, and 2 Foreign Language credits to graduate. I had taken ASL 1 as a language in Brevard. But now I can't get back into SCC to take ASL 2 because I have not graduated. So, I have to pick a new language and go back to the start. Curse you Seminole County laws! Muahaha. Ok, my frustration is vented.

I. hate. shopping. for. clothes. Seriously, it is torture. Well, I went today. Needed more shorts and shirts.

I have a new story posted on the Gaidens blog. Please read it.

My music interest range is very wide. I can be listening to Death Cab or Iron and Wine one minute and then switch over to Linkin Park or Maroon 5 the next. The Shins and then Switchfoot. Coldplay then Weezer. So I guess I'd have to say I like just about anything (accept rap, heavy metal, opera, light rock, and on, and on, and on...)

I am going to buy an iPod. I knew I wanted a portable mp3 player, so I was looking at a bunch (outside of Apple.) But there are so many that are 100 bucks and have only 512 mb, or are 299 bucks and have 20 gb or so but are poor quality. So, I decided on an iPod. Yeah, I sort of put Apple last because it is a trend these days and I wanted to check the quality of others first (I am my parents child.) Well, in the end, I found that a 299 dollar iPod Video 30gb was a better deal with more features than others. I have never owned an iPod, so does anyone have any tips on how to buy it, where to buy it, what a good skin or case is to get, and how to take care of it best?

7 comments:

beyondthestairs said...

You're music tastes are varried as long as they fall within your tastes. lol

I had the same thoughts about Ipods as you.

Daniel Greene said...

And Nadia rolls her eyes as her mom passes by the computer and says 'wholesome'.


That's right, I saw that. Why does your mom like that word so much?

violette said...

you can get a used 20 gig for under $100 on ebay. if you so choose to go that route.

so...Amererican History....muahhhhahaha

wanna help me out? please please?

define:
1)bill or rights
2)constitution
3)how they affect democracy

i opened up the lesson book today and remembered that I DON'T KNOW that much about the governement

;-)

violette said...

no wait, those are NEW 20 gig ones. sorry. my faux pas. but they are the slightly older model if you don't mind.

violette said...

and i like the spacy/strech type material since it's waterproof for a cover. (and bouncy if you drop it running)

yesterday a lady dumped her entire coffee into my purse and good ol ipod wasn't even wet in the slightest.

Daniel Greene said...

Hmm... A test.

1. Amendmenants 1-10 of the constitution are the Bill of Rights, declared in effect in 1791.

2. The laws of the United States, framed in 1787, ratified in 1789.

3. Both contain laws giving more power to the people and a central government divided into branches.


Thanks for the iPod help!

Alice Springs said...

I recommend getting the apple fouth generation click wheel 20 gb off ebay. you can get it for under $120, it has plenty of storage, and a great price.

Ben just asked me to look around ebay for him and i was very surprised that you could get one like that for so little.