April 18, 2006

A nail gun is haunting me

This past weekend we headed down to South Florida for roofing. We left Saturday at 4 am. We did two roofs that day and another on Sunday. The same crew worked together both days, which was nice. I was amazed when we finished Sunday that we had completed 3 roofs. Hard work, but rewarding. When we started, all the stuff I had learned from roofing last year flowed back, which was nice. Nail guns are fun. Driving home Sunday night I tried closing my eyes to nap but I kept on seeing myself shooting a nail gun. I burst out laughing for some reason. Yeah, I think I was tired. Haha. Hospitality was wonderful, like always, at the sisters home we stayed at. I kept on thinking to myself, "What other people can enter each others homes as complete strangers and feel comfortable and loved?" John 13:35 is so, so true.

Everyone on the roof worked so hard and was skilled, too. That's definately why the roofs were completed so quickly: everyone worked hard and well, and still had fun. My mom took some photos; here are a few.



1 comment:

violette said...

and ours was the only crew without a safety person.